Sunday, January 27, 2013

Epic Journey month 2

Well just hours after writing my first Epic Journey blog to follow my progress of weight loss and fitness I got the worst stomach bug I have had in many years. It was the first time I have, for lack of better words, tossed the cookies in about 15 years that has not been self induced. Although having a 24hr stomach bug did result in loosing 6.5lbs over night but this is not the proper way to weight loss. I'd like to report that this only lasted 24hrs and I have regained that weight back quickly which is nice.

I must admit, I missed a few days at the gym and it really makes it hard to jump back in. During the second week of January (BTW my weeks start on the Monday), I was on work training on the other side of the city from Epic so I did skip a week due to this, though I keep working at home to make sure I done some sort of physical activity each day. This was also the week when I wrote the first Epic Journey blog as a motivational way to push myself to achieve this goal.

Now as I begin to write this blog post at the start of the third week, (I try to write my progress has it happens, daily/weekly, but post monthly) I will say it was so difficult to drag my ass out of the bed this morning. I like to do my workouts in the morning, it makes me feel refreshed and energized for the day ahead, so as I lay there this morning and hit snooze the first time and think to myself I'll just sleep in and go to the gym later knowing full well that would not happen. Knowing I would end up going to work, and at the end of the day I would be tired and head home, missing the gym again. So painfully I hauled myself out of the bed, drove across the city at 5am and hit the gym. And do you know what? It was a pain to convince myself to get up and go, but I felt awesome once I done it and I had a productive, energy filled day. So rule number 1, if I'm going to commit to something like going to the gym, I need to have the internal strength to push myself when no one else is available or awake for that matter to push me.

So it is now day two of week 3, this morning I woke up at 4 am I am not sure if I was wanting to go to the gym in my sub-conscious but I was up and ready to go. I also set a new way to wake in the morning and it seems to be going quite well with good results. You can read more about that here. This morning I done my core body routine. It was a great workout but each time I do the core body I find it hard during the routine but I lack feeling the pain later as I do with my other routines. Now I am not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing... guess I'll have to bring it up with someone else.

Week four started off not too good. I have once again come down with a bug of some kind and has removed all motivation and energy from my body. But on the good side it seems it has almost run its course. Also this week its the end of the month and I will be heading to Florida for a week vacation with the family and heres to hoping that the warm Florida sun can clean my system of the bugs that I came down with in January.

So my rule to live by or at least for the gym: Set a schedule: Set reminders and alarms for that schedule, for you will only disappoint yourself for breaking your schedule.

Next Month: Before and After pictures. Prepare to be scared.


Weight: 189.6 lbs - Down a full 10lbs since November :-)
Body Fat: 24.6% - Down 1.3% :-)

1 comment:

  1. Adam...you exercise like I do lol :p

    You have encouraged me (after reading many, many blogs, reviews, and discussions) to check out Epic by Blair :)
    This gym seems to be the only one without horror stories and average people saying great things about it!
    But...on a Saturday afternoon I've tried 2x to call with no answer :( I'll give it another shot shortly and hope I get an answer and have a great experience there like you :)
    Thanks for the full info :) and all the cost info as well! Everyone likes to keep that a secret until you show up :p

    J

    ReplyDelete