Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Epic Journey Month 4.5

Ah, I feel like I have been slacking off lately in terms of both exercise and in this blog. But the time has come to change all of that, so this will be my second blog post in two days. Don't expect that all the time.

As for the gym, exercising, trying to get into shape and all of that fun jazz, I'm back to the gym and into the third week now. This may not seem like much, but I was not there for about 2.5 months due to a knee injury I sustained at hockey. My knee has been getting better so I have been slowly (twice a week) visiting the gym to get back into a routine and I think this is harder than what it was in the beginning to start. Next week I plan on starting to do three days a week. On top of the Epic visiting, I have been doing daily walks now that it is nice out with the dog.

Although getting back into going to the gym in the mornings (5:30 am) has been hard, the benefits from it have been enormous. I have been feeling much more alert and awake during the day, easier to sleep at night and still wake up feeling refreshed the next day. I think the below comic pretty much sums up how I feel after completing a workout.



So I guess that is the update for now, I hope to have another post up in the next few weeks, since I have been falling behind on this. But the next post hopefully will include a good progress report on the increase in Epic Fitness visits, the beginning of the running season (for me), before and after numbers, and possibility some before and after pictures (this could be scary).

No comments:

Post a Comment